Saturday, March 21, 2009

Weekend Trip to LV

I decided to enjoy the early part of the day with a much needed trip to Louis Vuitton. I have not seen the Boetie in person and a review is so much better when you do it from life. The bag is truly amazing as it is as light as a feather. Much different from its older cousin, the Griet. The worrisome part of it though for me is the vache leather that details it especially the bottom trims. There has been a suggestion that the current leather that LV uses is not at par with the older models wherein the vache turns to a golden patina. The patina is now blotchy and the leather at times scaly. But this topic is for another day. Let's go back to the Boetie. The new twist lock is pretty and easy to handle but the zippered closure could prove to be a challenge. I guess leaving it open as you carry it is an alternative. All in all, the Boetie is an excellent choice if you are looking for a Monogram Canvas piece that has a little bit more to offer in terms of design and style. I LVoe the new window of crates and packaging that LV has for this season to feature the Boetie and other pieces, of course. As for the pic above, I couldn't help but ask my associate to take a pic of me with the Spicy Sandal in Suede Baby Goat Leather . The shoe is a testimony to Italian craftsmanship. I do not know if they are comfy though but apparently they are flying off the shelves. The insock is lined with padded miniature Monogram Canvas and the heel itself is covered in leather. The beadwork is not distracting at all but makes the shoe truly unique. I must admit that I was tempted to buy it just to showcase in my home. This is one of my favourite shoe collections of Vuitton. LVoe it!!! PS. The friend who went with me to the boutique waitlisted for an upcoming bag. Can you guess who it is from the window display's reflection?

7 comments:

  1. hey i thought photos were strictly not allowed in LV stores? have they relaxed this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Victoria Becks wearing the Spicy Sandal somewhere!! Sexy shoe i likeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. They didn't use to but I know the 5th Ave Flagship allows it now so I guess the boutiques followed suit. Actually, my SA took the photo and the manager was standing right beside him. So all's good. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there, which boutique u went to? i email you long time ago i dont know if u get it. just wanna ask if u go the one in Chevy Chase who is your favorite SA. another question what do u think which one is better sue to price and style Trevi Gm Boetie in MM, Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anonymous, please e-mail me again since I do not divulge names of SAs in my blog. As choosing between Trevi and Boetie, I believe that that decision can only be made by you. Try out the bags in-store and see which one you LVoe. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you elaborate about how the vache isn't up to par... I HATE when it ages and it has a lot of imperfections and water spots. It makes me only want to buy seasonal bags that don't have the vache leather trim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey glambot,

    Well, it used to be that the leather will patina a dark honey. You can see this on vintage LV pieces. Nowadays, it seems that the patination process is not as even toned as before. I can't really explain it. Only time will tell with the current leather. As for the imperfections and water spots, that can be avoided if you take care of your bags. Some people just charge it to wear and tear. I for one will check the weather report before I leave the house. Hope this helps and thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: I created this blog for the sole purpose of sharing my passion and obsession for the brand that is Louis Vuitton. I am in no way, shape, or form connected with this company nor its subsidiaries. This is my personal blog and the views and opinions expressed herein represent my own and not those of the people, institutions, or organizations that I may or may not be related to, unless stated explicitly. Also, my thoughts and opinions change from time to time as I learn and develop my understanding regarding the things and issues that I am blogging about. This blog provides a snapshot of the knowledge, views, and opinions that I hold at that particular moment in time and these might change. I reserve the right to evolve my knowledge, thoughts, and viewpoints over time and to change them without assigning any reason. My blog includes links to other sites or blogs operated by third parties. These are provided as a means of convenient access to you for the information or opinion contained therein. I am in no way responsible for the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites. I try my very best to credit photos, articles, or videos that are contained herein. I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Drop me a line 4dluvoflv@gmail.com. Thanks and here's wishing you LVoe!!!