Sunday, August 7, 2011

LVook-See: Monogram Fetish Lockits

Nothing beats spending the weekend than playing with Louis Vuittons! Especially if they are the soon to be released Runway Bags. The three that I saw were from the Monogram Fetish Collection comprising of the Lockit, Lockit BB and the take-my-breath-away Lockit Clutch. The Clutch's amazing detail is the solid brass manacle that is attached to a chain. Ample enough to hold some stuff for an evening, I don't think it can be used as an everyday bag. Hmmm...I think I can pull it off while shopping at the grocery store. The chain is detachable, though it is permanently fastened to the manacle. I wish it weren't so because it's a great bracelet in itself. The next two pieces are the petite Lockit BB and its bigger brother, the Lockit. The BB is utterly useless but absolutely adorable. I bet this is a test run piece to see if it will sell to match the highly popular Alma BB. The Lockit on the other hand sits comfortably once held though I wish it came a tad bit bigger. It's definitely the most functional of all of them. Lined in sumptuous goat leather, the beige makes the interior bright which is an advantage if you are looking for something. Take note: Goat explains the high price tag. I LVoe the clochette detail on the Monogram Fetish Clutch. Even though the tiret is quite short, the large lip makes it balanced somehow. The side seam of the Lockit also has this "cut" to it that is an interesting detail. Of course, a Lockit won't be complete without a lock but for this line it is wrapped in canvas. All three have white contrast stitching, white glaze and white resin zipper pulls that makes the collection unique. Priced at $3050 for the Lockit, $2420 for the Clutch and $1560 for the BB, they are scheduled to be released on August 15 so better hurry if you want to reserve them. LVoe it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: I created this blog for the sole purpose of sharing my passion and obsession for the brand that is Louis Vuitton. I am in no way, shape, or form connected with this company nor its subsidiaries. This is my personal blog and the views and opinions expressed herein represent my own and not those of the people, institutions, or organizations that I may or may not be related to, unless stated explicitly. Also, my thoughts and opinions change from time to time as I learn and develop my understanding regarding the things and issues that I am blogging about. This blog provides a snapshot of the knowledge, views, and opinions that I hold at that particular moment in time and these might change. I reserve the right to evolve my knowledge, thoughts, and viewpoints over time and to change them without assigning any reason. My blog includes links to other sites or blogs operated by third parties. These are provided as a means of convenient access to you for the information or opinion contained therein. I am in no way responsible for the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites. I try my very best to credit photos, articles, or videos that are contained herein. I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Drop me a line 4dluvoflv@gmail.com. Thanks and here's wishing you LVoe!!!