Friday, August 5, 2011

The Louis Vuitton Luggage Tag

One way to spruce up a tired LV is to attach a luggage tag, preferably a colourful one. So when I had the opportunity to acquire a discontinued green, I simply had to have it. Now, my SA's pet peeve is to see an ill-tied tag. It's pretty common she says. You should have seen her face when I first walked into her store with my Monogram Excursion. She was appalled at the way my tag was flapping. She immediately pulled me aside and instructed me how to tie it properly. That was about a year ago and I've forgotten how to do it. (I remove my tags whilst in storage). It took me a while to figure out how to tie it correctly and I was frankly embarrassed. So not only would I LVike to share my epiphany with all of you, but this will be for me a record so that next time my brain cells fail to function, I would be able to LVook it up here. 1.) Insert the pointed end of the belt so that the "Louis Vuitton Paris" stamp is on the front. Ideally, your intials would've have been heat-stamped here also. 2.) Loop the belt through the auxilary buckle situated at the back of the main one. Slide it all the way until it reaches the top of the tag. 3.) Choose the desired length by fastening the buckle through one of its many holes. 4.) The auxilary buckle should "grasp" the belt for a snug fit. I know a video on youtube would've have been easier to visualize but that would generate another set of tutorials for me on how to upload it. I hope you guys enjoyed my lil' blurb. Doesn't the green LVook so well against the Monogram canvas? LVoe it!!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you for sharing this tip! It makes a big difference and my bags look so much better. Try it everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the easy to follow instructions! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much did the luggage tag cost here in Manila? Do they have it in Ebene? I'd love to own one for my Speedy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how much a luggage tag costs in Manila. Here in the US, the vache costs $55. Try calling Greenbelt. I'm sure they can tell you. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou so much! I just purchased a lugguage tag and was struggling on how to put it on properly and I was directed to your page! Now my tag looks perfect on my Stresa. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just purchased the Eole 50 Damier and your tips were simple and helpful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried this on my Speedy now but unfortunately it doesn't work so well, as my initials are heat stamped and the bottom of the belt (the pointed end) covers the first two initials. Such a shame though as it looks so nice with the brass buckle at the front. A way of getting around that might be to have your initials heat stamped vertically at the bottom rather than horizontally..hmmmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually had the same issue so what I did was to fasten the belt so that the end of it would be pointing upwards and away from my initials. That way the buckle is still on the front of the tag. I hope this helps! Keep LVoein'!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: I created this blog for the sole purpose of sharing my passion and obsession for the brand that is Louis Vuitton. I am in no way, shape, or form connected with this company nor its subsidiaries. This is my personal blog and the views and opinions expressed herein represent my own and not those of the people, institutions, or organizations that I may or may not be related to, unless stated explicitly. Also, my thoughts and opinions change from time to time as I learn and develop my understanding regarding the things and issues that I am blogging about. This blog provides a snapshot of the knowledge, views, and opinions that I hold at that particular moment in time and these might change. I reserve the right to evolve my knowledge, thoughts, and viewpoints over time and to change them without assigning any reason. My blog includes links to other sites or blogs operated by third parties. These are provided as a means of convenient access to you for the information or opinion contained therein. I am in no way responsible for the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites. I try my very best to credit photos, articles, or videos that are contained herein. I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Drop me a line 4dluvoflv@gmail.com. Thanks and here's wishing you LVoe!!!