Saturday, August 13, 2011

From Jeeves with LVoe: Sprouse Graffiti 2001 Hat Boxes

Hello, Let me first start off with saying that I love you blog and all your pictures. Recently I have seen you add some pictures of your views, so I wanted to share a few pictures with you. I have both graffiti hat boxes that were originally released in 2001. They both come with everything, keys, dust bag, and luggage tags. :) I though that your views would love seeing a "blast from the past". If you post it, it would be great, and if not, that is also fine too. Keep up the great work on your blog!!! Thanks, JeevesThe first Vuitton-Sprouse collaboration was released for Spring Summer of 2001 called the Graffiti collection "Stephen Sprouse for Louis Vuitton". Since the artist passed away in 2004 the later Graffiti line was changed to "Louis Vuitton for Stephen Sprouse". Marc Jacobs was quoted to say: “I tried to take what Stephen had done at Vuitton and then kind of flip it in my head, and make it Vuitton’s work for Stephen, not Stephen’s work for Vuitton." The original collaboration has its origins in the time when Jacobs was looking for a Paris apartment. When he looked at Charlotte Gainsbourg’s space on the rue du Bac, he stumbled across a Vuitton Monogram canvas trunk, which the actress’s legendary father, Serge, had painted over in black. It eventually inspired him to collaborate with Sprouse for spring 2001. “For me, this monogram graffiti was the first milestone of our permanent reinvention of our history,” said Vuitton president and chief executive officer Yves Carcelle. (source: bagcraze) You were extremely LVcky to have acquired not only one but two of the Sprouse Boîte de Chapeau, Jeeves and I thank you for sending your photos in for my readers to see. LVoe it, LVoe, LVoe it!!!

1 comment:

Disclaimer: I created this blog for the sole purpose of sharing my passion and obsession for the brand that is Louis Vuitton. I am in no way, shape, or form connected with this company nor its subsidiaries. This is my personal blog and the views and opinions expressed herein represent my own and not those of the people, institutions, or organizations that I may or may not be related to, unless stated explicitly. Also, my thoughts and opinions change from time to time as I learn and develop my understanding regarding the things and issues that I am blogging about. This blog provides a snapshot of the knowledge, views, and opinions that I hold at that particular moment in time and these might change. I reserve the right to evolve my knowledge, thoughts, and viewpoints over time and to change them without assigning any reason. My blog includes links to other sites or blogs operated by third parties. These are provided as a means of convenient access to you for the information or opinion contained therein. I am in no way responsible for the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites. I try my very best to credit photos, articles, or videos that are contained herein. I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Drop me a line 4dluvoflv@gmail.com. Thanks and here's wishing you LVoe!!!