Saturday, May 30, 2009

Louis Vuitton Mon Monogram

A lot of people have e-mailed me inquiring about the 17 color combos of Louis Vuitton's Mon Monogram service. Thankfully, NicoleLV has provided us with a snap shot of the color chart that some stores use. Click pic to enlarge. I know, it's kinda archaic but they also have a swatch sampler that you can flip through. Here's Juana Manahan at Louis Vuitton, Manila perusing the said sampler. Photo from stylebible.ph. Lastly, software developed for Louis Vuitton is used to capture a visual simulation of what your future Mon Monogram would LVook like. This is the final step wherein a print out of your order would come from. I would suggest that you decide on a color scheme before heading down to one of a hundred Flagship Stores worldwide that offer this service. With all the combinations of colors, placement, fonts, two initials or three, it can get a tad bit overwhelming. My head ached by the time I walked out of the 5th Avenue store. Also, I was irritated that a few months after, the counterfeiters decided that my Mon Monogram was a limited edition piece and decided to make copies. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH! Click here to see post. But the experience was well worth it. Here's mine today as I run off to the gym. Go Terps!!! LVoe it!!!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for Terps! I just graduated from there this past December, are you an alum as well??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratz! I'm not an alum but my partner is and I like to wear his shirts for the gym. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have to pay extra for your initials to get stamp? can you tell me how much? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. The Mon Monogram has a totally different price point which is approximately 30% more of the core collection pieces. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. is yours fake? i see fake mon monogram speedy's everywhere with the same colors and the same FB letters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha, nope. I have the real F.B Monogram Speedy. They are my initials. I was one of the first that was invited by Louis Vuitton New York to have one made and when I posted it in my blog, the counterfeiters copied it even to the last detail. Here's my posting about it back in 2008: http://louisvuittonlover.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-mon-monogram-is-being-faked.html.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: I created this blog for the sole purpose of sharing my passion and obsession for the brand that is Louis Vuitton. I am in no way, shape, or form connected with this company nor its subsidiaries. This is my personal blog and the views and opinions expressed herein represent my own and not those of the people, institutions, or organizations that I may or may not be related to, unless stated explicitly. Also, my thoughts and opinions change from time to time as I learn and develop my understanding regarding the things and issues that I am blogging about. This blog provides a snapshot of the knowledge, views, and opinions that I hold at that particular moment in time and these might change. I reserve the right to evolve my knowledge, thoughts, and viewpoints over time and to change them without assigning any reason. My blog includes links to other sites or blogs operated by third parties. These are provided as a means of convenient access to you for the information or opinion contained therein. I am in no way responsible for the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites. I try my very best to credit photos, articles, or videos that are contained herein. I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Drop me a line 4dluvoflv@gmail.com. Thanks and here's wishing you LVoe!!!