Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday LVook-See: African Queen, Slightly and Neo Pont-Neuf

Seeing those pictures of the latest Louis Vuitton feature: A Woman's Journey, I was inspired today to go to the boutique to see for myself the new releases. Jerome and I were greeted at the door by the African Queen in Cuivre. I noticed immediately that the leather was already creased on one side but it still did not detract from the beauty of this evening clutch. I guess it's the nature of the material. The Leopard Nocturne print on the lambskin was amazing and almost ethereal but with the $2580 price tag, it very well should be. Next up were the new colors for the denim line: Rose and Gris. They were tuck away so high up in a shelf that I only had a ground level view. They were okay. My SA was busy with customers so I didn't want to bother him. A little flat as opposed to the original blue. I didn't get to play with the Slightly because I was distracted by what I really came there to see: the Neo Pont-Neuf. The GM is absolutely stunning! Made out of Epi leather, structure is not lacking in this city bag. The purse opens up to reveal two side slats that could easily hold papers and what not. In the middle is a zippered compartment that could hold your daily essentials. It comes in ivory and black with the PM having a Cassis. (Priced at $2080 GM and $1610 PM). What I didn't like about it was that it was hand held again. I am still on the look out for the perfect shoulder LV bag. Here's a pic of our visit with the newly released Epi Astrid Wallet ($845) in the glass case. PS. Jerome surprised me with his latest acquisition and you can see a sliver of it at the edge of the pic. LVoe it!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi I have a question, is the Pont-Neuf GM as big as they say? The LV site says it's 14.7x12x5.9? Does the height include the handles? I would love to give this to my mom for Mother's Day but not if it's truly that big, without the handles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that measurement is ONLY the bag without the handles. It is quite big but not overly, the height being only a foot. It really depends on your mom's preference. Besides, LV has a 14 day return policy. GoodLVck and thanks for visiting. You are so good to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way... the wallet in the glass case is not astrid wallet, it is eugenie wallet... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, that is the Astrid Wallet. The Eugenie is an old design and can be confused with the newly released Astrid. But thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, where can i find the pont neuf GM in black in the UK? i cant find them in either stores or the website

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...I would suggest calling +44 207 399 40 50 to ascertain if it is already available in the UK. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeh, i called number, but they said it had released already, and for some reasons it's not avaliable this moment again! I m extremely crazy abt this bag, i wanna it even in my dream! hehe

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: I created this blog for the sole purpose of sharing my passion and obsession for the brand that is Louis Vuitton. I am in no way, shape, or form connected with this company nor its subsidiaries. This is my personal blog and the views and opinions expressed herein represent my own and not those of the people, institutions, or organizations that I may or may not be related to, unless stated explicitly. Also, my thoughts and opinions change from time to time as I learn and develop my understanding regarding the things and issues that I am blogging about. This blog provides a snapshot of the knowledge, views, and opinions that I hold at that particular moment in time and these might change. I reserve the right to evolve my knowledge, thoughts, and viewpoints over time and to change them without assigning any reason. My blog includes links to other sites or blogs operated by third parties. These are provided as a means of convenient access to you for the information or opinion contained therein. I am in no way responsible for the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites. I try my very best to credit photos, articles, or videos that are contained herein. I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Drop me a line 4dluvoflv@gmail.com. Thanks and here's wishing you LVoe!!!