Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Spring 2007 Runway Bags

Quite a few people e-mailed me and inquired about the bags that I was carrying during my recent trip to Miami. I usually announce a new purchase, but I wanted to surprise my friends so I didn't post them here. Well, the bags were both from the Spring 2007 Runway show. Most of you are familiar with the That's LoVe tote. This is the piece that takes 20 hours to hand sew the sequins onto the satin. The fabric is so fragile and light that I have to be extra careful when I use it. The other one, which was the show stopper for the trip, of course after Jerome's Treillis and Arjay's Horizontal Lockit, is the Bowly from the Polka Dots Panama collection. The actual runway piece had bigger 'trunks and bags' circles whereas the one that was released for retail sported the smaller polka dots. The documentary by Loic Prigent entitled Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton (click here), has MJ brainstorming with his staff about "little bells, like lily of the valley's" hanging from bags. Also he had a meeting with Yayoi Kusama, a Japanese artist known for her ever-present polka dots on whose influence Marc got his idea to create the collection. 2007 was the year I got into LV so this runway show is very close to my heart. I had to scour far and wide to get these pieces and I truly LVoe them both! Thanks, guys! Photos: www.style.com Marc Jacobs, the inventor of grunge and the ultimate sloppy LVook!

1 comment:

Disclaimer: I created this blog for the sole purpose of sharing my passion and obsession for the brand that is Louis Vuitton. I am in no way, shape, or form connected with this company nor its subsidiaries. This is my personal blog and the views and opinions expressed herein represent my own and not those of the people, institutions, or organizations that I may or may not be related to, unless stated explicitly. Also, my thoughts and opinions change from time to time as I learn and develop my understanding regarding the things and issues that I am blogging about. This blog provides a snapshot of the knowledge, views, and opinions that I hold at that particular moment in time and these might change. I reserve the right to evolve my knowledge, thoughts, and viewpoints over time and to change them without assigning any reason. My blog includes links to other sites or blogs operated by third parties. These are provided as a means of convenient access to you for the information or opinion contained therein. I am in no way responsible for the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites. I try my very best to credit photos, articles, or videos that are contained herein. I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Drop me a line 4dluvoflv@gmail.com. Thanks and here's wishing you LVoe!!!