Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Perfect Piece of Weekend Luggage

The Fashion Editor of The Times in London, Lisa Armstrong, voiced out her fantasy to an LV PR about her eternal quest for the perfect piece of weekend luggage. Nine months later, after discussions and planning with the Asnieres Factory in France, this purple beauty was born and will be up for grabs to benefit charity. Not only do you get the bag, but it contains a host of travel essentials - passport cover in monogram canvas to protect your travel documents, oversized cashmere eyeshades and blanket for in-flight comfort, computer case for working on-the-go, a transparent detachable toiletries kit for swift X-ray security navigation at airports when carrying liquids, a foldable jewellery kit to store your precious cargo, an evening clutch in monogram Vernis leather for instant glamour on-the-run and a laundry pouch. Similar in size to my Eole 50, it also has a set of wheels and pulling mechanism for ease of travel. According to the Times, the Ultimate Travel Bag will be auctioned online and by phone. It will be on display until December 18 at Louis Vuitton, 190-192 Sloane Street, London SW1. All the proceeds will go directly to CLIC Sargent, the charity that helps children with cancer and leukaemia, and their families. To bid, go to www.clicsargent.org.uk between now and midnight (UK time), December 18. To bid by phone call 020-8752 2883. The starting reserve is set at £10,000. The website and telephone voicemail will include a daily update on the new daily reserve based on previous bids accepted. For actual Times article click here. Photo credit: Times and CLIC Sargent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: I created this blog for the sole purpose of sharing my passion and obsession for the brand that is Louis Vuitton. I am in no way, shape, or form connected with this company nor its subsidiaries. This is my personal blog and the views and opinions expressed herein represent my own and not those of the people, institutions, or organizations that I may or may not be related to, unless stated explicitly. Also, my thoughts and opinions change from time to time as I learn and develop my understanding regarding the things and issues that I am blogging about. This blog provides a snapshot of the knowledge, views, and opinions that I hold at that particular moment in time and these might change. I reserve the right to evolve my knowledge, thoughts, and viewpoints over time and to change them without assigning any reason. My blog includes links to other sites or blogs operated by third parties. These are provided as a means of convenient access to you for the information or opinion contained therein. I am in no way responsible for the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites. I try my very best to credit photos, articles, or videos that are contained herein. I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Drop me a line 4dluvoflv@gmail.com. Thanks and here's wishing you LVoe!!!